Home Ownership:

Home Ownership:

If I wish to purchase my first home but need help meeting the monthly mortgage and other homeownership expenses, is there a program that will help me?
Yes, it is called the Homeownership Voucher Program.

Who can I talk to to obtain additional information about this program?
You can call your local Public Housing Agency (PHA). For a list of PHA's see PHA Contact pages.

Do all PHA's participate in this program?
No. For a list of participating PHAs that have reported one or more homeownership voucher home purchases to HUD see this MS-Excel file. (The list indicates the number of homeownership voucher purchases assisted by each PHA.)

If I am currently a participant in the Housing Choice Voucher program and receive rental assistance, can I use my voucher to buy a home and receive monthly assistance in meeting homeownership expenses?
Yes, if your local PHA participates in the homeownership voucher program, and you meet income and other eligibility requirements.


Home Ownership Flyer


2000 West Princeton Ave,
College Park, GA 30337

Phone: 404-559-2894